Sunday, April 15, 2007

Calgary Flames vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 2 - Pregame

Just a couple quick thoughts before the game:

A friend of mine related a story about his mom: 'She asked me if I thought things would work out better if she stayed home and watched the game or went to church and prayed for the Flames.'

I think just about everything you need to know about the game can be figured out from that question. While I think MG was right to not be suprised at the Flames' lackluster performance, it's still hard for all of us to believe the team was that poorly prepared. While the mood around Calgary has been subdued, most fans still believe the Flames have time to come back. And there is good news for Calgary fans: Robyn Regehr will play.

I know this hasn't been confirmed yet, but I have it on a pretty respectable authority that Robyn will play come hell or high water. He will not be 100%.

The other confirmed personelle change is that Jeff Friesen will be in, while Byron Ritchie will sit out. Not sure I can call this a true upgrade, as Ritchie was one of the few Flames playing with a spark on Thursday. On the other hand, I have mentioned lately that Friesen has been playing better, and if he can continue his chemistry with Yelle and Nilson, then it could give the team a bit of a jump.

The other personelle change I'd like to see is the insertion of Mark Giordano into the lineup. I mentioned he could be a game breaker for the Flames, and MG and Duncan appear to agree.

It's Sunday. Time to pray.

4 comments:

leanne said...

Time to pray, or time to get drunk...

Kent W. said...

Warrener with 2 stupid penalties in the 3rd...

give me Gio!

Kent W. said...

in the first, rather.

MacS said...

:(